F.T. Island



Recently I have been obsessed with F.T. Island. I think that the members of the band are so weird and quirky and so real. I also love their songs because they are so distinct and the lyrics actually make sense. I also like the fact that they get a lot of say about what songs to sing and they get to make their own music. They started off with lots of songs about romance but in recent years have branched out to perform songs about other topics as seen through their song, Pray. They are also not afraid of trying new genres such as hard rock which is relatively new to the Korean audience.

Nowadays, FNC, their entertainment company, does not promote them as much and their music is not as mainstream, so they are not super successful in South Korea. However, they were one of the first idol bands to debut and were extremely popular during their prime. I hope the new generation of Kpop fans will also give F.T. Island a chance because their songs have so much soul and meaning. Give F.T. Island one minute and they will blow your mind.

Reasons to LOVE F.T. Island
1. They are amazing live.
2. They write their own music.
3. Very real and have unique personalities. I highly recommend everyone watch F.T. Island Coming. One of the most uncensored shows ever. These boys are crazy.
4. Great teamwork
5. Awesome main vocal
6. Chill leader
7. All incredibly handsome
Let's stop here because the list could go on forever.


My Favorite F.T. Island Songs

I Wish

This is probably my favorite F.T. Island song. This song is a little ironic to me. This song is about wishing that your crush's boyfriend or girlfriend is you. The lyrics are sad but F.T. Island was able to make it sound so upbeat. I also love the Spanish guitar sound. This song is amazing live.

Pray

This song really should be listened to by everyone. I think the lyrics are extremely relatable because everyone will have a time where they feel helpless. F.T. Island said that they wrote this song to pray for all of those who are lost and have complaints. This is actually a homage to the Sewol Ferry Accident. This song is one of their more powerful rock songs. I am extremely proud of F.T. Island. Their company wanted them to come back with a more mainstream song. Many of the members agreed but Hong Ki wanted to do music that they wanted instead of doing music just to top charts. Sadly, Pray did not do so well in South Korea but it was very successful in China. This song is composed by Jong Hyun and the lyrics are by the members of F.T. Island.

I Hope

This song sounds a lot like I Wish, but without the awesome Spanish guitar and trumpets. I Hope is also very bubbly and is relaxing to listen to.

Love It, Hate It

I feel like this is also a very relatable song and the lyrics are gold. This song talks about no matter how much you may hate someone and how much someone lies to you, you might still end up loving them. Even though you know that your significant other might be lying or hurting you, you still love them unconditionally. Hongki's husky voice really brings out the sad message of the song.

Love Sick

This song talks about loving too much. I think this is a great debut song because Hongki's husky voice really fits this song. Immediately after releasing their debut song, they were extremely popular. P.S. The music video is not my favorite but the song is one of my favorites.

Severely

This is the first F.T. Island song I liked. All of his performances are very detailed and every one of them has a signature gesture which can be seen in his live performances. The music video stars Seolhyun of AOA which is a girl group also under FNC Entertainment. It is a super heart-wrenching love story with a sad ending. Paired with a sad song, the music video is sure to bring many to tears.

Bad Woman

This song is pretty self-explanatory; it talks about heartbreaks. Even though I didn't know the lyrics at first, Hongki's voice and the instrumentals made me cry. 
P.S. This is one of Hyeong Don's, or one of the MC's of Weekly Idol, favorite songs.

Hey Girl

Finally, a happy song on the list. Hongki, Seunghyun, and Jae Jin sing this song.

















Comments